The Sunderbans is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site in West Bengal, India. A
part of Sunderbans also extends in to Bangladesh. A perfect ecosystem for wildlife
habitat, Sunderbans is also one of the largest reserves for the Royal Bengal Tiger.
Apart from the Royal Bengal Tiger, Sunderbans is home to many endangered species
like Estuarine Crocodile, Olive Ridley Turtles, Saltwater Crocodiles, Bengal Civets,
Barasingha or swamp deer, Hawks Bill Turtles and Mangrove horseshoe crabs.
Sunderbans is a National Park, Tiger Reserve, and a Biosphere Reserve in India.
The delta is densely covered by mangrove forests, and is one of the largest reserves
for the Bengal tiger. It is also home to a variety of birds and reptiles including
the salt-water crocodile.
Apart from viewing the wildlife from boat safaris, visitors also visit the Bhagatpur
Crocodile Project, a crocodile breeding farm, Sagar Island, Jambudweep, Sudhanyakali
watchtower, Buridabri Tiger Project, Netidhopani Watchtower, Haliday Island, Kanak,
and Sajankhali Bird Sanctuary.
Do's and Don'ts in the Park:
- Please enter the National Park after taking the necessary permits.
- Please accompany a Nature Guide for spotting the wildlife and the scenic landscapes.
- Drive slowly in the National Park. Enjoy the safari but avoid the disturbance to
- Stick to the known and guided roads and trails. Driving off track would tamper the
daily activities of animals and the growth of the trees.
- Maintain a safe distance from the animals and keep their life undisturbed.
- Please do not put on your car stereo or transistor. The quieter you are, more is
the possibilities of you're watching the wildlife.
- Wear less bright clothes as the bright clothes distract the animals attracting their
- Don't carry gun or a pistol. Feel free to shoot snaps with a camera.
- Do not light campfires or smoke in the forest.
- Don't get off your vehicle at a point where it is not allowed.
- Keep the park pollution free and litter free by disposing off the whole garbage
into the bag provided.
- Consumption of non-vegetarian food and alcohol is strictly prohibited inside the